Thursday, September 4, 2008

ready to vote

Well, I missed the big speech last night but curiosity got the best of me (not to mention the rave reviews, I do love my celebrity gossip...and yes she is now considered a celebrity) so I watched Sarah Palin's speech this morning.

My voter card says republican, I support John McCain, but I have to admit by this time in the political race I generally lose interest. Watching Obama at every turn with his celebrity support and charisma actually made me consider not even bother to vote.

Well, I will definately vote now. What a great speech. She's strong, she's a mom and she has a career. I know this describes women everywhere, which I guess is my point. Of course people could say the same about Hillary, but I have a hard time getting my head around a candidate who is referred to by her first name only. Besides I like Sarah Palin. I feel like she actually cares more about her country (ie, me) than her career.

I guess the best part of having a running mate like Sarah Palin is that even though I support John McCain, I have to admit I don't listen to him as much as I should. I tend to lose interest in politics easily. One 36 minute speech just made a 70 year old candidate relatable to me and my life. I appreciate that. Good choice Senator McCain. I might even listen to your speech.

No comments: